bground

Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day Tribute By Vincent and Joyce Pryor


Vincent gives us a brief overview of his time in service: 

Rank: Lance Corporal
MOS: 0351,  (Infantry) Anti-tank Assault/Demolitions Stationed for a year in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as part of Rifle Security Company/Leeward where we guarded the fence line of the U.S. Naval Base. While there, I was one of four Marines selected to receive Secret security clearance to work in the Combat Operations Center. 
After Guantanamo Bay, I went to Camp LeJeune, N.C. and was stationed with 2nd Marine Division 3rd Battalion 8th Marines. While with 3/8, I was deployed to cold weather training in the mountains of California. After that we did a deployment to Okinawa and mainland Japan for jungle warfare training


 Joyce wanted to share the following about her husband:

I am just so proud of him and he means so much to me.  It’s just an honor for me knowing that my husband served his country in the United States Marine Corps. Those were some of the best years of his life. Being a veteran, a Marine, means a great deal to him & to his family. He is so proud to be a Marine.  He always tell me ”Once a Marine, always a Marine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment